Monday, October 11, 2010

Switching It Up

So as life continues to change for us, we're doing our best to roll with it! :) For those of you who haven't heard, Lon is switching it up at the hospital. He started a new position this week. I still don't totally understand his new job (big shocker!), but it lets him keep his hand in pharmacy while becoming a leadership coach in the hospital. This new job requires training- 5 weeks to be exact. Training which is held in Kansas. So that's where he is. Which means we are switching it up on the home front! Eating cereal for dinner, NOT making our beds, watching bedtime movies, and doing all things girlie! Come to think of it, maybe Thunder wanted into this equation, too!? Switching up his new home and all?! :)

I'm proud Lon is pursuing this new opportunity! He's excited and ready for the adventure!

We've also decided to try a new church...switching that up--and loving what we're experiencing!

Trying girl scouts this year, too...oh the memories are rushing back!! Should be fun to do with the girls!

Guess what else, we're switching up our gym membership, too!

Maybe these changes aren't so bad after all?!! Maybe we might like switching it up after all! :)

5 comments:

The Millers said...

Repeat the mantra we started years ago: "I love change. I love change."
Switching it up sounds exciting! Go Finnemans!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Although I am a creature of habit, change( switching it up)requires growth and we need to continue to grow.

Sounds like you've all been doing a lot of growing! Enjoy your changes, they all sound fun and exciting :o)

Love the "girly stuff" you and the girls have been sharing while Lonnie is away, memories they'll have for a lifetime :o)
Blessings,
Kelle

Mama Voss said...

You know what I love... you sound very positive and happy about your "switch-up"... yay for you guys!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Rachel,
I don't have your email so will respond to your wonderful invite for the 17th here. I'm sorry but we will have to decline. :o( We will be butchering turkeys that day and have people showing up to begin at noon, so we have to be set up and ready to go when they all arrive. Thank you for thinking of us though and we'll meet up another time. :o) Please say hello and give a hug to your Mom from all of us.
Blessings,
Kelle

Libbie said...

Rachel,

Thanks for the update. I love you positivity for things that can be quite hard. We are going through lots of change to but I am not sure I feel as positive!

Libbie