Friday, March 26, 2010

Cookies Anyone?

Think: making cookies with a 4 year old.

It's messy
takes three times as long
GERMS!
requires serious patience
AND involves LOTS of clean-up.

So why even do it?

Isn't it really about building relationship?
Making a memory
And sharing an experience?
Helping a little one feel successful???
Lovingly guiding em through a process...

Prayer is a lot like making cookies with a little one.
He doesn't need my help to do His job.
He is in absolute control.
He already has a plan.
But by praying...
HE LETS ME BE A PART OF HIS PROCESS.

Prayer gives me a glimpse of His perspective, aligns my heart with His, and I get to know Him better along the way.

I heard this at Thursday morning Bible study and LOVED it!
It's given me a whole new perspective on why I want to include my kids in all kinds of different tasks...whether it's longer or messier...it's TOTALLY worth it!
It also helps me approach prayer from an entirely different vantage point!

1 comments:

Mama Voss said...

Aha... so that's why I tortured myself on Friday and made cookies with Baby Girl! Great perspective. I need to keep that idea close to me.