Friday, April 10, 2009

Misplacing God



After devouring Living Simply multiple times, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Misplacing God(and Finding Him again)! Joanne Heim's newest book offers encouragement, suggestions, and tried & true ideas for spending time alone with God each day. Her writing style and voice are easy to follow, making it feel as though I'm talking with an old friend over coffee. It's easy to relate to Heim as both a wife and mother. She beautifully weaves Scripture, personal experience and the nuts & bolts of daily time with God together in a way that's easy to understand and relate to. Reflective questions at the end of each chapter provide for great personal journal prompts and small group discussion topics. I definitely recommend this book for those seeking a relationship with God, new believers, and everyone who needs to recognize God's true place in their everyday loves. I only wish I had a treasure like this when God began pursuing me in college 15 years ago!

1 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your email. I'll reply, but wanted to leave a big thank you here too!

Joanne