Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple

The idea of simple is taking over my thoughts and life thanks to Joanne Heim's book, Living Simply! (BTW I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!)
Here are a few thoughts rambling around my mind...
*I need to add some much needed warmth to my home, maybe some new pillows for the living room and family room. I think that'll be a great January project!
*Am I spending meaningful time with each child? I know how much C lights up when I play that game with her or take her for a walk around the neighborhood.
*Have I called that friend lately? Does she know what a difference she's made in my life?
*The holidays have arrived...How will we celebrate the story of Thanksgiving & Christmas...minus the stuff?
*Simple Celebrations...music to my ears, but I have soo much unlearning to do!!

Lon's sooo done with my "simple" talk, so thanks for indulging me! What are your thoughts on simple? What does that mean to you?

1 comments:

Mama Voss said...

I'll chat simple with you! Pillows would be nice, but not if it makes you crazy.

I love your comment about "unlearning" about the holidays... that is the truth. I love the simple celebration, but it is difficult to not get sucked into the black hole... I have to "unlearn" my children as well. It will happen, give it time and make it yours!