Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shards

Yesterday, I received a new devo in the mail...thank you amazon!! And today's devotion was sooo incredible that I HAVE to share. My prayer for you is that it may bring hope amidst tough times!

He's the potter, I am the clay,
A heap of broken shards I lay.
All vestige of beauty lost,
What good can come at such a cost?
Now each shard He carefully takes,
And something new He slowly makes.
Each jagged edge fits just in place,
With brokenness He now creates.
New colors form as He designs,
With endless patience He refines.
My wonder mends the pain and ache.
Now tenderly my hand He takes,
And bids me touch...another's broken place.
- Kay Yerkovich

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the master designer and He looks into the future and pictures the finished vessel in all its beauty and splendor. He alone can make beauty out of our brokenness.

God's blessings & peace to you! :)

2 comments:

The Millers said...

beautiful!

said...

Amen sister.
Isn't that the truth that He makes something beautiful out of our brokenness.
Grace is such a beautiful gift.