I LOVE coffee and CAN'T function without it in the morning, just ask Lon! He has picked up on this little quirk of mine and brings me my coffee while I'm still in bed!! Bless this man! :) Anywho, he gave me this mug for Valentine's day and I just burst out laughing!! Yeah, standing alone, the mug is funny, but there's Moore (as in Beth) to the story!
Coffee also surfaced in Bible study last week while studying patience. I was reminded of how often I impatiently wait in line at Starbucks waiting for my tall, non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte... Why does this always seem to take FOREVER??? I'm always in a hurry, wrangling my 4 year old and then rushing off to pick up someone or hit a class or run another errand!! Why should I have to wait for my coffee, let alone anything else??? Talk about conviction! OUCH! How did I get to be soo impatient? It challenged me to consider how God may interpret me in terms of a Starbucks order? A frightening thought, for sure! I haven't been brave enough to write my order from His perspective yet, although I know I should. Would it look like my cute mug up there?? Something to make the pains of live subside, or truly embrace the handmade gifts He's granted ME!!
How about you, what would your order be?
Independent living
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment