Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pizza Chicken

I don't know about you, but dinner time is becoming my LEAST favorite time of the day! "I don't like that!" "YUCK!" & "I'm NOT eating THAT!" are just a few of the things I hear each night. However, in the midst of this muck and trying a million different recipes, we came across a keeper...pizza chicken. Here's the recipe, just in case you need an idea to please your whole fam damily, too!

Pizza Chicken (AKA Chicken Parmigiana)
1 lb chicken breasts
4 tsp olive oil
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 350, coat oven-proof dish with cooking spray. Brush chicken on both sides with egg white. Mix breadcrumbs with the seasoning on a plate; dip chicken in breadcrumbs. Turn to coat. Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, cook until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside. Add 1 cup tomato sauce to oven-proof dish. Place chicken on top. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until bubbling, about 15 minutes. Serves 4
ENJOY!!!

0 comments: